Wednesday, June 14, 2017

Heat and Toasters


Hello and welcome to my sweltering corner of the world.  Ugh!  It's going to be triple digits for the next week and that's after being in the 60's with thunderstorms two days ago (Sunday to be exact).  Mother Nature you're drunk!!

Speaking of heat, I'd like to share a card with you that took me a few days to make thanks to migraines.  Of course, I'm using another favorite Bugaboo Digital Stamp.  This one is called Margaret Live In A Toaster which pretty much sums up the temperatures for the next week.  It's also perfect for the weekly challenge over at the Bugaboo Stamps blog.  I am not one to get out of bed quickly anymore.  Especially dealing with chronic migraines and pain.  So a bit about my card now.

After I printed off Margaret and colored her using both prismacolor and copic markers, I filled in the white areas inside the frame using some Stampin Up chalk and an eye shadow applicator before layering.  Once all the layering was finished, and brads added, I stamped the card using a gear background stamp from MFP Stamp Shop (now temporarily closed) before stippling some CTMH Dutch Blue dye ink around the edges.  My only embellishments are some Recollections paper flowers with brad centers.

Challenges entered:

Catch The Bug - Fast & Furious

Pammie's Inky Pinkies 1724 - Anything Goes

Not Just Cards - #45 Summer Anything Goes

Thanks for stopping by today.  Have a great day.

Stamps: Bugaboo Margaret Live In A Toaster, MFP Stamp Shop Gear Up
Ink: CTMH Dutch Blue
Card Stock: Stampin Up
Accessories: Prismacolor and Copic Markers, Stipple Brush, Brads, Chalk, Eye Shadow Applicator, Recollections Paper Flowers, Glue Dots

1 comment:

  1. I LOVE your card she's perfect! Triple digit temperatures, yuck! Thanks for joining Catch the Bug's Fast and Furious theme, good luck! Dawn Bugaboo DT

    ReplyDelete