Saturday, April 15, 2017

Welcome Christmas Into Your Heart


You read it correctly.  Christmas in April.  Today I officially got started on my Christmas cards for this year since my migraines tend to give me issues a lot, why not.

My card today is inspired by this weeks Festive Friday challenge over at the Outlawz.  The theme for this week is: Easter Eggs, Christmas Lights, Rabbits, or Easter Holiday.  I totally flew with the Christmas lights theme and pulled out a couple of Stampin Up! sets that I hadn't used before (Pick A Petal and Heard From The Heart) along with a retired MFP Stamp Shop set (Joyous Season).

For my lights, I took four different petal stamps and using various Versamagic chalk inks, stamped them at different angels to create my "lights" before hand drawing the "wire" holding the lights together. Then I stippled some garden green dye ink around the edges of the card before stamping the saying in memento black in the bottom left corner.  Once that was done, I stamped the pine boughs in memento northern pine ink along the top edge then added silver bows at the end of each "light" for a touch of elegance.

Thanks for stopping by today.  Have a great day and a great Easter weekend.


Stamps: SU Pick A Petal, Heard From The Heart, MFP Joyous Season
Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black, Northern Pine, SU Garden Green, Versamagic Chalk Inks (various colors)
Card Stock: White
Accessories: Stipple Brush, Silver Bows

No comments:

Post a Comment