Saturday, April 20, 2013

Woodland Hello


Second post for me today.  If you're looking for my Color Throwdown post, please scroll down one.  Thanks.

Nothing like squeaking in at the last minute thanks to migraines, but I'm making it.  This week's Love To Create #61 challenge is for the guys, so I pulled out my News From The Woods stamp set by Mark's Finest Papers, a Heinrich Company and got to work.  After stamping the birch trees in memento black onto vanilla card stock, I then stamped the peeking bear and owl images twice so one set could be popped up for added dimension before coloring with koh-i-noor pencils and a blender marker.  Then I added some scrap designer paper from my stash to the card, layered the birch trees and added my popped up peeking images.  The final touch was stamping the saying onto a punched stippled vanilla oval layered onto a die cut panel I had received as a gift (thanks Janis).  I'll also be submitting this card for the Pause Dream Enjoy Friendship challenge.

Thanks for stopping by today.  Have a great weekend

Stamps: MFP News From The Woods
Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black, Tim Holtz Brushed Corduroy
Card Stock: Vanilla, Mahogany, Black, Scrap Designer Paper
Accessories: Koh-I-Noor Pencils, Blender Marker, Stipple Brush, Pop Dots, Circle Punch, Oval Punch, Die Cut Panel

4 comments:

  1. Your card is really cool, love your design!

    Thank you so much for sharing your creativity with us this week at Love to Create.
    Best of luck and we'd love to have you visit again!

    Hugs Mian
    Love to Create Design Team Member
    http://mianspysselhorna.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Like the way the animals are peeking out. I have a cold so am a bit behind on commenting on entries. Thank you for entering Pause Dream Enjoy Freindship challenge.
    Melissa
    "Sunshine HoneyBee"
    PDE DT

    ReplyDelete
  3. Niiiice! Love it!!! Thanks for participating in our LOVE TO CREATE challenge!! Hope to see you again next week!

    ~DEANNE~

    ReplyDelete