Sunday, February 3, 2013

Serenity Bay

Hello and welcome to Monday.  For those who watched the Super Bowl yesterday, wasn't that a fantastic game?

Today I am sharing a card I made for this month's Craft A Scene Lighthouse challenge.  I started out by stamping my main lighthouse image from Mark's Finest Papers, a Heinrich Company set called Island Life in memento tuxedo black onto MFP white card stock before coloring it with koh-i-noor pencils and a blender marker.  Once all of the coloring was finished, I stamped the grass blades from Scenic Selections in Tim Holtz forest moss before stamping the birds from Scenic Selections and the fishermen from Silhouette Mini Selections in memento black.  Then I stippled some Tim Holtz tumbled glass distress ink for the sky then layered before adding some Making Memories sand dollar brads.  The final touch was to stamp some shells from Silly Shells directly onto the card before adding my layered image using glue dots.
 
Thanks for stopping by today.  Have a great day.
 
 
Stamps: MFP Island Life, Silly Shells, Scenic Selections, Silhouette Mini Selections
Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black, Adirondak Sailboat Blue, Tim Holtz Tumbled Glass, Forest Moss
Card Stock: All MFPaHC
Accessories: Koh-I-Noor Pencils, Blender Marker, Making Memories Brads, Glue Dots, Stipple Brushes, Ice Stickles

8 comments:

  1. A lovely scene for our challenge Bonnie, it looks like a perfect summer's day.

    Thanks so much sharing with us at Craft a Scene challenge this month.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ahh, fishing by the sea, boats in the background and a great lighthouse. It's perfect. Thanks for joining us this month at Craft a Scene. NancyD

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful summer scene love the vibrant colors -Deanna

    ReplyDelete
  4. beautiful scene! so quiet in appearance. really lovely done in those colours.
    thank you for joining at craft a scene this month.
    greetings

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is beauiful, Bonnie. Love this crisp and happy scene.

    ReplyDelete
  6. A really lovely card, Bonnie, perfect for the challenge. Thank you for joining us at Craft A Scene this month. xx Maggie

    ReplyDelete
  7. I like this set and you have made a nice scene with it. I also like the shells on the background - I wish I had thought of this for one of my hop cards!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love how you have built your picture up from several different stamps. A lovely picturesque scene. Hugs Mrs A.

    ReplyDelete