Thursday, January 3, 2013

Celebrating Fruit

Hello and Happy New Year!  Today I am sharing a card I made for my husband to celebrate our 23rd wedding anniversary using Mark's Finest Papers, a Heinrich Company's set called Celebrate Big.  Since I had planned to computer generate my own sentiment, I used the fruit bowl and fruit stamps from the set and went with a bright color theme. 

I stamped my images on MFP white card stock in memento black ink, as well as some scrap card stock, then colored with prismacolor markers before layering onto some Stampin Up! bold bright card stock.  After creating my own background by stamping "Happy Anniversary" repeatedly, I added the layered image before cutting out the additional fruits to use as my own brads.  Once those were added using glue dots, I generated my sentiment using MS Word, printed it out onto white card stock, added again with glue dots, before adding diamond ice stickles to the fruit to highlight portions of them.

I am also submitting this card for the following challenges:

Party Time Tuesdays - PTT 101 Celebrations
Tuesday Throwndown - TT128 Bright and Happy New Year (use of bright colors)

Thanks for stopping by today.  Have a great day.


Stamps: MFP Celebrate Big
Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black, Stampin Up! Rose Red
Card Stock: MFP White, Stampin Up! Only Orange, Rose Red, Brilliant Blue
Accessories: Prismacolor Markers, Ice Stickles, Glue Dots

1 comment:

  1. What a cute image. Very cheery card. Thanks for joining us at PTT.

    ReplyDelete