Monday, October 8, 2012

Twine and the Gingerbread Cottage

Hello and welcome to Monday.  Today I am sharing a card I made using one of my favorite artists, Thomas Kincade, whose paintings are being produced into stamps by The New Cornish Heritage Farms.  I bought this stamp, called Gingerbread Cottage, a few months ago and haven't inked it up until today for the CHF twine challenge over on the CHF blog.

After inking my stamp using some Tim Holtz walnut stain distress ink and layering onto Stampin Up! card stock, I added some vintage brads since I hadn't planned on coloring my image.  However, once the card was assembled, and the twine added, it looked too plain so I pulled out my Stampin Up! woodless pencils and lightly colored select areas of the image before lightly stippling Tim Holtz broken china distress ink for the background sky before stamping the inside with a saying from the retired Mona Lisa Moments Motivational Centers.. Now I was satisfied with my card.

Thanks for stopping by today.  Have a great day.


Stamps: CHF Thomas Kincade Gingerbread Cottage, Mona Lisa Moments Motivational Centers
Ink: Tim Holtz Walnut Stain, Broken China
Card Stock: MFP Snow Storm, Stampin Up! Chocolate Chip, Tangerine Tango, Not Quite Navy
Accessories: Twine, Brads, Woodless Colored Pencils

1 comment: