Monday, October 8, 2012

Fight Like A Girl

Second post for me today.  At the moment, the migraine meds are working, just making me sleepy.  If you're looking for my CHF post, please scroll down one.


This week's CAS-ual Friday CFC73 is for the girls - celebrate the women in your life.  Well, I chose to make a clean and simple card in memory of my mother and grandmother who both lost their battles with breast cancer, plus I've already had a suspicious lump removed years ago, and since October is Breast Cancer Awareness Month, how could I not go with a pink theme.

I started out by stamping the t-shirt from GinaK Designs Little Tees onto some scrap pink MAMBI Breast Cancer Awareness designer paper before cutting it out and stamping a solid pink ribbon from Paper Smooches Hope set in Stampin Up! regal rose dye ink directly onto the t-shirt.  After adhering my shirt over a border strip of scrap designer paper, I stamped the word HOPE from the Paper Smooches Hope set in regal rose ink before adding my saying just under it in memento black.  The only embellishment added was some soft pink twill ribbon tied into a knot.

Thanks for stopping by today.  Have a great day.


Stamps: GinaK Little Tees, Paper Smooches Hope
Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black, Stampin Up! Regal Rose
Card Stock: Stampin Up! Pretty In Pink, MAMBI Breast Cancer Awareness Designer Paper Scraps
Accessories: Soft Pink Twill Ribbon

2 comments:

  1. What a great card! Love all the different elements you put together here and that fabulous paper pieced t-shirt! Thanks so much for playing along with us this week at CAS-ual Fridays!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's a perfect CAS card for the challenge. Love that designer paper!

    ReplyDelete