Monday, May 14, 2012

Seagulls & Lighthouse

Hi there.  This last weekend I came across a couple of challenge blogs that I thought interesting - Moving Along With The Times Nautical challenge and CCEE Stampers faux brad challenge.  So, even with another one of my migraines, I pulled out my stamps and got to work.

I started out by stamping my images from Mark's Finest Papers, a Heinrich Company Gullible Mini , Scenic Selections and Lighthouses stamp sets in memento tuxedo black onto snow storm smooth card stock before coloring with koh-i-noor pencils, prismacolor markers, and a blender marker.  Once my coloring was finished, and the images from Scenic Selections cut out for popping up later, I started stippling Tim Holtz tumbled glass  and forest moss distress inks around the edges.  Then I stippled Adirondack caramel ink for the sand and aqua ink over a cloud template to help fill in the sky before layering.

Once my layering was finished, I pulled out a small hole punch to create my own brads to make sure they matched the layered card stock.  The final embellishments were some baker's twine with a starfish charm and white liquid pearls for the sea foam.

Thanks for stopping by today.  Have a great day.


Stamps: MFP Scenic Selections, Lighthouses, Gullible Mini
Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black, Tim Holtz Tumbled Glass, Forest Moss, Adirondack Caramel, Aqua
Card Stock: All MFP
Accessories: Koh-I-Noor Pencils, Prismacolor Markers, Blender Marker, Baker's Twine, Charm, Liquid Pearls, Stipple Brushes, Pop Dots, Small Hole Punch, 2-Way Glue Pen

8 comments:

  1. Bonnie, glad you joined CCEE Stampers this week to make some faux buttons/brads. Your brads match your cardstock so well. Love your scene and I love the Gullible Mini.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So rich and wonderful! I love the gingham and the charm.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love lighthouses Bonnie, and I love your card! Fabulous rich colouring and a wonderful seaside scene.
    Hugs, Sylvia x

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is fabulous!!! I love how you combined the images from the several sets.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a serenely beautiful scene you created, Bonnie! Thanks for playing in the CCEE Stampers' challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a perfect Nautical scene - fabulous work.
    Thanks for playing along with us at MAWTT this week.
    Good luck.
    Debs xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful card. I really like the seagull added to this scene.

    ReplyDelete