Sunday, May 20, 2012

In God We Trust - Friends of SpeedyTV Challenge #21

Hello and welcome to Monday.  I hope you had a wonderful weekend and are ready for some stamping!  This week the Friends of SpeedyTV, by Mark's Finest Papers, a Heinrich Company are challenging you to make a Memorial Day card.  With the holiday fast approaching, it's time to say THANK YOU to all of our men and women in uniform.

I started out by stamping my image from Liberty Lady Mini stamp set before coloring with a grey prismacolor marker before stippling Tim Holtz tumbled glass distress ink around her before layering and adding some star eyelets.  Once I stamped my saying from the same mini stamp set, stippled tumbled glass distress ink around the edges, layered and added the same star eyelets, I added them to a dry embossed star panel.  My card is stamped with the sayings from the Patriotic American Mini stamp set.  The only other embellishments I added were a star printed ribbon I found in the Michael's $1 bin over a year ago, and a silver star clip.

Thanks for stopping by today.  Have a great day and make sure to participate in this week's challenge. 

Stamps: MFP Liberty Lady Mini, Patriotic American Mini
Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black, Tim Holtz Tumbled Glass, Stampin Up! Real Red
Card Stock: MFP Snow Storm Smooth Scraps, Stampin Up!
Accessories: Prismacolor Markers, Star Eyelets, Ribbon, Crop-A-Dile, Ribbon, Star Clip, Star Cuttlebug Embossing Folder, Glue Dots

2 comments: