Saturday, March 31, 2012

Wild Horses At The Play Date Cafe

I recently found a new (to me) challenge blog called The Play Date Cafe and decided to play along when I saw this week's color splash challenge.  This week we were to use only black, white and a splash of brown just like the picture below.

When I first saw the photo, I immediately thought of horses instead of rabbits for some reason.  So I pulled out my Wild Horses stamp set by Mark's Finest Papers, a Heinrich Company and got to work.

After stamping my main image in memento tuxedo black onto white storm heavy card stock, I pulled out my prismacolor markers and colored the image before layering and adding some Making Memories black baby brads.  Then I stamped my saying and running horse border before adhering the layered image to the card.  I'm really happy with the way it turned out considering I had made it with no sleep and a major migraine from the storms going through. 

Thanks for stopping by today.  Have a great day and join in on this week's Play Date Cafe challenge.  You still have a few days left.


Stamps: MFP Wild Horses
Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black
Card Stock: MFP White Storm, Chipboard, Stampin Up! Black
Accessories: Prismacolor Markers, Making Memories Black Baby Brads

3 comments:

  1. I liked this color combo too, and decided to play...love your card. The horse is gorgeous~

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bonnie, we're so glad you found us! Love the horse's chocolaty tones: the perfect 'splash' of brown for our challenge.

    Thanks for playing with us at The Play Date CAfe. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. A horse is such a perfect way to add that splash. A fun card! Thank you so much for giving the splash a go at The Play Date Cafe.

    ReplyDelete