Saturday, March 3, 2012

The Great Outdoors - TCP Tuesday Challenge



Second post for today.  For my Inspired By and Moxie Fab challenge, please scroll down one post.
This week's TCP Tuesday challenge was to get out of the house and into the great outdoor!  You know, biking, hiking, walking, swimming, or in my case camping!!  We were also supposed to combine our idea with TCP's cloud border.  Well, since I don't have that particular die yet, I fudged a bit, and used my MFT cloud die-namic made my own cloud border. 

I started out by stamping my Happy Camper images in memento tuxedo black onto white card stock and colored with prismacolor markers before stippling Stampin Up! bashful blue and garden green inks around them.  Then, I stippled Tim Holtz old paper and tea stain distress inks over the images in order to "age" them a bit and then did the same thing to my cloud die cuts as well as the sizzix mountains and trees I had cut out to add.  After adding some vintage brads and popping my main image panel up over the mountain border I created, I then added the clouds at different levels and trees.  I'm really happy with how this turned out; especially since it was stamped at 1:00am with another nasty migraine.

Thanks for stopping by today.  Have a great day.

Stamps: TCP Happy Camper
Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black, Tim Holtz Tea Stain, Old Paper, Stampin Up! Bashful Blue, Garden Green, Handsome Hunter, Adirondak Caramel, White
Card Stock: White, Stampin Up! Handsome Hunter, Kraft, Michael's Designer Paper
Accessories: Prismacolor Markers, Stipple Brushes, Brads, Dimensionals, Various Sizes Pop Dots, Sizzix Mountain Die, Sizzix Tree Die, Big Shot, MFT Cloud Trio Die-Namic

2 comments:

  1. Fantastic card! Love those clouds and trees!
    Nancy xx :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. too fun! love those critters & your trees are awesome!

    ReplyDelete