Wednesday, February 1, 2012

Love Stinks

Short post today since I'm still dealing with a migraine and have had no sleep.

Hello and welcome to Wednesday.  Yay!!  That means the week is half way over!!  I have not been feeling my best lately thanks to my migraines, but I just had to ink up my Cat's Pajamas Love Stinks set.  I just love those penguins Alma draws!!  They're so cute and addicting!!  I decided while stamping to follow the rules for the TCP Tuesday 193 and 194 challenges for the card as well as the Valentine Blog Hop on Alma's Blog.

After stamping my penguins in memento tuxedo black twice, so I could cut one set out and pop up later, I colored them with prismacolor markers before stippling Stampin Up! regal rose ink around the edges of the image panel and card itself.  Then taking my Queen of Hearts Border, I die cut one border and saved the little hearts that are punched out of it to use as faux brads.  After layering my penguins, and adding my faux brads, I popped up the image panel over the border using Stampin Up! dimensionals and then added the additional cut out penguins with dimensionals as well.  As a last minute thought, I stamped the hearts in the top corners before adding more hearts next to the sentiment.

Thanks for stopping by today.  Have a great day.


Stamps: TCP Love Stinks
Card Stock: White, Stampin Up! Pink Pirouette, Melon Mango, Chocolate Chip
Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black, Stampin Up! Regal Rose
Accessories: Prismacolor Markers, Dimensionals, TCP Queen of Hearts Border Die, Stipple Brush, MS 2-Way Glue Pen

3 comments:

  1. this is super fun Bonnie! i just love these penguins too! how fantastic to recycle the heart cut outs as brads and it's such a gorgeous die too! your inking/stippling always looks so awesome! i'm really sorry to hear that you're still suffering terrible migraines so often-hope you can get some much needed rest this afternoon {{BIG HUGS}}

    ReplyDelete
  2. aahahaha...this is tooo cute!

    hope your are feeling better by now.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So very cute. I love that you tilted one slightly. It looks like he is actually listening. Or maybe it's a "man" thing to make us think they are....

    ReplyDelete