Sunday, February 26, 2012

Let Your Light Shine - MFTWSC60

It's been a long while since I've been able to participate in a weekly stamp club sketch challenge, but this week I got to play along - migraines and all.  I had to do something to keep my mind occupied since my son started getting cyber bullied this weekend.  I do not need that added stress for my migraines!

I started out by pulling out some Making Memories vacation designer paper and went from there.  After stamping the light from MFT's new Inspired By Lighthouses set on Snow Storm Smooth premium paper by Mark's Finest Papers, I pulled out my prismacolor markers and started coloring.  Once the coloring was done, I die cut the image out using MFT's Oval Open Scallop Die-Namic and then stippled Stampin Up! basic gray ink around the image before popping it up over a plain border.  For my finishing touches, I die cut three of the Leafy Flourish's and then hand cut out three of flowers from the designer paper.  I'm pretty happy with how it turned out since I was on double migraine meds when I put it together.

Thanks for stopping by today.  Have a great evening.


Stamps:  MFT Inspired By Lighthouse
Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black, Stampin Up! Basic Gray, Burgundy
Card Stock: MFP Snow Storm Smooth, Stampin Up! Baja Breeze, River Rock, Bravo Burgundy, Making Memories Vacation Designer Paper
Accessories: Prismacolor Markers, Stipple Brush, Ice Stickles, MFT Die-Namics, Dimensionals

1 comment:

  1. this is so beautiful! i love how you color nature scenes- this one is no exception! the 3 leafy flourishes look amazing stacked in 3 colors like that- may have to try it too- it's lovely!

    ReplyDelete