Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Inspired By The Oscars - My Time Made Easy Pretty Pattern #50




Hello and welcome to another My Time Made Easy Pretty Pattern Sketch challenge.  I haven't been able to participate the last few weeks due to my migraines, however, this week I was able to get one done despite them.

Since the Oscars were on this last Sunday, I decided to go with a movie theme and used MTME's About To Pop digital stamps along with the matching vintage Countdown digital papers.  In order to keep with my Oscars theme, I decided to make sure my card resembled the "envelopes" the stars unseal at the Oscars as they make the announcements of who won what.

After cutting my card out using a Coluzzle file folder template, I printed out the popcorn box and popcorn then got to coloring using my prismacolor markers, then lightly stippled Stampin Up! going gray ink around the sides to "age" it a bit.  I also stippled the going gray and then basic gray inks around the edges of the card and over the edges of the "film strip" cut outs before popping up my popcorn, adding some ribbon with a hat pin, and then a couple of black primas with a black pearl center.  I'm really happy with the way it turned out.

Thanks for stopping by today.  Have a great day and make sure to stop by the My Time Made Easy blog to check out the rest of the Design Teams samples and entries for the week.  Also, don't forget today, March 1st, My Time Made Easy has it's new designs release as well!!  You'll want to check out all of the newest products here.

Stamps: MTME Pop Some Fun Digital Stamps
Ink: Stampin Up! Basic Gray, Going Gray
Card Stock: MTME Countdown Digital Paper, White
Accessories: Prismacolor Markers, Computer, Printer, Ribbon, Pop Dots, Stipple Brush, Hat Pin, Black Pearl Sticker, Primas, Glue Dots, Coluzzle

2 comments:

  1. Bonnie, your card is so cute! Love the DP you used with the popcorn box!

    ReplyDelete