Sunday, February 26, 2012

Hello Friend - Friends of SpeedyTV Challenge #9 & Crazy 4 Challenges

Hello everyone..how was the weekend??  Mine was a blustery one with another migraine, however I did get some stamping done.  I managed to combine two challenges with this one card: the Friends of SpeedyTV by Mark's Finest Papers, a Heinrich Company embossing challenge AND this week's two-layer only Crazy 4 Challenges. 

After stamping my butterfly in memento tuxedo black ink onto Mark's Finest Papers Snow Storm Smooth premium paper and coloring with prismacolor markers, I set it aside to cut out later to place over my embossed images.  Pulling out my Cuttlebug Hello Friend embossing folder & die set, I first dry embossed Great Grandma's Lightest Pink premium paper before stippling Tim Holtz Tattered Rose Distress Ink around the edges and lightly over the top.  My saying was then die cut using scrap Aged Cranberry premium paper and adhered using mono adhesive.  Once that was done, I cut out the butterfly, adhered it and pinched up the wings for added dimension.  A clean and simple design that took only 15 minutes to make.

Thanks for stopping by today.  Have a great day and make sure to take some time to participate in both of the challenges this week.


Stamps:  MFP Hello Butterflies
Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black, Tim Holtz Tattered Rose
Card Stock: MFP Snow Storm Smooth, Great Grandma Lightest Pink, Aged Cranberry
Accessories: Prismacolor Markers, Big Shot, Cuttlebug Embossing Folder & Die Set, Stipple Brush

4 comments:

  1. Very pretty!! I love your embossed flowers and pretty butterfly!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bonnie,
    Beautiful butterfly and card - very elegant!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, Bonnie, your card is just my style! I love the way you embossed the flowers and attached the butterfly to them! Gorgeous, gal!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. just beautiful! the embossing is perfect!

    ReplyDelete