Sunday, October 23, 2011

News Flash!!!


Hello everyone.  How are you enjoying your weekend so far??  Today, I am sharing a card I made for one of my sisters-in-law's birthday using Paper Smooches Boob Tubes stamp set.  I totally love the retro and goofy feel of this stamp set.  Kim sure had a lot of fun making it for sure.  It's got to be one of my favorite Kim Hughes sets (including her retired CHF sets) of all time.

I started out by stamping one of the old TV sets as a background in Stampin Up! soft suede on matching card stock before stamping it twice more onto white card stock in memento tuxedo black.  Once all of that was done, I pulled out my prismacolor markers and colored the TV's, and highlighted sections of the "News Flash" saying before sponging Stampin Up! soft suede around the edges of the card and image panel and layering. 

I then pulled out my MFT die-namics and die cut both the Jumbo Ric Rac (a staple of mine) and the Leafy Flourish in scrap card stocks before adhering my main image panel by popping it up over the die cuts.  Once that was done, I then adhered the second cut out TV, popped it up with pop dots, and finally adhered some silk flowers, primas, and gem stickers to highlight the TV knobs, flower centers, and parts of the leafy flourish.  A quick and easy card done in 15 minutes.

Thanks for stopping by today.  Have a great day.


Stamps: Paper Smooches Boob Tubes
Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black, Stampin Up! Soft Suede
Card Stock: White, Stampin Up! Soft Suede, Summmer Sunrise, Pumpkin Pie
Accessories: Prismacolor Markers, Sponges, Pop Dots, Gem Stickers, MFT Die-namics, Silk Flowers, Primas, Glue Dots, Brads

No comments:

Post a Comment