Monday, October 3, 2011

Life's Short Sketch and Color Throwdown

Hello everyone and Happy Tuesday!!  It's been a while since I've been able to do a Color Throwdown challenge, so I was glad I could combine this one with the sketch challenge over on Splitcoaststampers. 

I started by pulling out my Mark's Finest Papers Poppies, Poppies, Poppies set and stamped my images twice in memento tuxedo black ink onto white card stock before reaching for my prismacolor markers. I took my inspiration from the California poppies that grow wild here in the early Spring and Summer months, making sure to keep my shading as close to the "real thing" as possible.  After the coloring for my main image panel was finished, I pulled out several stipple brushes and lightly stippled several different Stampin Up! colors over and around the poppies until I was happy with the shading.  Once that was done, I started applying the additional panels for the sketch matching the color throwdown ones as well.

When everything was completely assembled, with ribbons & clips added as well, I started popping up the final poppies making sure to arrange the smaller ones around the greeting circles at the bottom.  For the final touch, I pulled out my black ice stickles and highlighted the centers of the poppies for a little sparkle.  Every card has to have some sparkle, right? ;)

Thanks for stopping by today.  Have a great week.



Stamps: MFP Poppies, Poppies, Poppies
Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black, Stampin Up! Tangerine Tango, Bashful Blue, Wild Wasabi, Chocolate Chip, Groovy Guava
Card Stock: White, Stampin Up! Tangerine Tango, Only Orange, Wild Wasabi, Groovy Guava
Accessories: Prismacolor Markers, Ribbon, Gold Star Clip, Stipple Brushes, Pop Dots, Black Ice Stickles, Orange Brads

2 comments:

  1. this is so so beautiful! love your gorgeous coloring!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your card is gorgeous! Love your coloring and layers. You did a great job on the background paper too. Love it!

    ReplyDelete