Wednesday, September 28, 2011

It's A Monster Mash! - My Time Made Easy Pretty Pattern Sketch #29



He did the mash
He did the monster mash
The monster mash
It was a graveyard smash
He did the mash
It caught on in a flash
He did the mash
He did the monster mash


Anyone remember that song?  I know it was from the 1950's or so, definitely not my era, but I do remember it being played every Halloween while I was growing up as a kid. Frankenstein Bride of Frankenstein Universal Monster Monsters smiley smilie smileys smilies icon icons emoticon emoticons animated animation animations gif gifs Happy Halloween Pictures, Images and Photos

Welcome to another My Time Made Easy Pretty Pattern Sketch Challenge.  This week's sketch features a square card and is perfect for those Halloween images we all have lying around.

For my card this week, I chose to use a variety of the new My Time Made Easy digital Halloween images released earlier this month.  I took five of the images (Well Wrapped Up, Boo, Frankin Fun, The Count, Witch Way) and combined them in Adobe Photoshop to make a scene before printing out Purr-Fect Pumpkin to add to the scene later.

Once all of my images were combined and printed out, I pulled out my Prismacolor pencils for coloring along with a Prismacolor blender marker to help with the shading.  After I was finished with the coloring, Stampin Up! going grey and wild wasabi inks were lightly stippled and sponged around the images to fill in my graveyard scene.  When I was ready to layer everything, I carefully cut out my cute little witch image for popping up later and layered the graveyard; making sure to use up some Making Memories bat brads from a couple of years ago.  Once that was done, I pulled out my trusty word processer and created the saying using Microsoft Word, printed it out, and layered just like the main image with the witch popped up next to it.  Pulling out my Martha Stewart gooey drip punch I bought on clearance at Michael's last year, I punched out both a black and pumpkin pie strip so I could layer them over one another for an added effect. 

Finally, I pulled out a Fiskars cat punch that had been collecting dust and punched some scrap black cardstock adding eyes using Tim Holtz distress ice stickles.  Some primas from a special Halloween collection with a bat brad center made the perfect final touch.

Thanks for stopping by today.  Have a great day and don't forget that World Cardmaking Day is coming up on Saturday, October 1st.

Stamps:  MTME Digital Boo, Frankin Fun, Purr-Fect Pumpkin, The Count, Witch Way, Well Wrapped Up
Card Stock: White, Stampin Up! Pumpkin Pie, Tangerine Tango, Black, Green Galore, Scrap Designer Paper
Ink: Stampin Up! Going Grey, Wild Wasabi
Accessories: Prismacolor Pencils, Prismacolor Blender Marker, Pop Dots, Ice Stickles, Stipple Brush, Sponge, Primas, Brads, Martha Stewart Punch, Fiskars Cat Punch, MS Word, Computer, Adobe Photoshop, Printer

3 comments:

  1. What a great card! And I love the Monster Mash song too. I came out before my era but it seems to get played every year at Halloween.

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOVE this! such a cute image & great sketch & i love that song too!!

    ReplyDelete