Monday, September 5, 2011

Flowers, Hummingbirds and Teapots - MMTPT162

Hello everyone.  Happy Tuesday!!!  This week's Mothermark Teapot Tuesday challenge is to make something that is beautiful to us.  We are sending our cards to Eula for her 109th birthday.  That's right - 109 years young!!  If I even make half that age, I'll be doing good.

I love flowers, especially daffodils, and birds, especially hummingbirds.  I think it's just so funny to watch these little bodies dart in and out of everywhere between flowers and the hanging bird feeders I remember my grandma having while growing up.  Grandma Cynda and I would just sit at the kitchen table for hours watching the hummingbirds that came to her feeders whenever I could visit Southern California while growing up. 

So when Mark's Finest Papers released the Daffodil and Anise stamp set, I just had to get it.  Not just because of the hummingbird that was included, but also for the daffodil stamp in the set as well.  You see, daffodils are used by the American Cancer Society during their Daffodil Days fundraiser every spring to support cancer research.  This research is really important to me since I've lost three members of my family to cancer.  Also, both my daughter and myself are high risk for breast cancer since both my mother and her mother died from breast cancer.

Taking my stamp set out, I stamped my images twice onto white card stock with memento tuxedo black ink and then colored with prismacolor markers, shading as necessary.  Once I was done with my coloring, I cut out part of one daffodil, both hummingbirds, and part of one anise for popping up later and began layering.  Once the layering was done, and my additional images were popped up, I turned my attention to the inside of the card.

Normally I don't decorate the inside, however, lately it seems I've been doing so and for a 109th birthday, the inside definitely needed to be decorated.  I took the leftover digital designer paper from My Time Made Easy's new Trendy Forest and adhered it to the bottom of the card.  Once that was done, I took the extra cut out images and adhered the anise over the designer paper.  Taking the butterfly, I placed that in the upper right hand corner before stamping the birthday saying from Mark's Finest Papers new Birthday Mini set in memento tuxedo black.

Remember, next spring when the cancer society has their Daffodil Days fundraiser, consider buying some.  Your donation to cancer research will help more people have an extra birthday, and more families avoid losing someone to cancer.  Maybe together, we can get rid of this ugly disease.

Thanks for stopping by today.  Have a great day.



Stamps: MFP Daffodils and Anise, Birthday Mini
Card Stock: White, Stampin Up! Wild Wasabi, Summer Sun, Black, MTME Trendy Forest DP
Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black
Accessories: Prismacolor Markers, Brads, Pop Dots, Computer, Printer

No comments:

Post a Comment