Sunday, August 28, 2011

Urbanrose Inspration Stamping - SCS IC299

It's been a while since I've done an Inspiration challenge over on Splitcoaststampers.com and this week's challenge just begged to be tried.  We were to create something inspired by either the attached Urbanrose Etsy Store or from one of the samples provided from the store.  I chose two of the provided samples since I was having a hard time sleeping Friday night/Saturday morning. 

For my first card, I chose to go with a simple design to try and highlight some of the colors in the K&Company designer paper.  After stamping my images from the Welcome Home set from Mark's Finest Papers in memento rich cocoa on Corn Husk card stock, I simply layered it onto Stampin Up! riding hood red, old olive and really rust card stock scraps.  Now since I wanted matching riding hood red brads, and didn't have any, I made my own by using a mini hole punch and adhering the punched pieces using a Martha Stewart 2-way glue pen.  Nifty and a great way to make sure one always has brads to match.  For the final touch, I wrapped some Autumn colored ribbon around the spine of the card.

My second card came together much easier for some reason. I pulled out some Basic Gray Kioshi designer paper and allowed that to determine the colors for my card stock and coloring.   I stamped the Mark's Finest Papers retired Believe In You crane in memento tuxedo black in on white card stock and then colored with Koh-I-Noor woodless pencils with a prismacolor blender marker.  Once my layering  was completed, I once again made my own brads using scrap Stampin Up! baja breeze card stock before adding some white fiber ribbon and some retired Stampin Up! felt fusion flowers to finish everything off.  I'm pretty happy with both cards since they were made with no sleep in a 24hr period.

Thanks for stopping by.  Have a great day.


Stamps: MFP Believe In You, Welcome Home
Card Stock: White, MFP Corn Husk, Stampin Up! Riding Hood Red, Old Olive, Really Rust, Baja Breeze, Mauve Mist, MFT Bubblegum
Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black, Memento Rich Cocoa, Stampin Up! Bashful Blue
Accessories: Prismacolor Blender Marker, Koh-I-Noor Pencils, Fiber Ribbon, Glue Dots, Mini Hole Punch, Stipple Brush, Stampin Up! Felt Fusion, Brads



No comments:

Post a Comment