Sunday, August 28, 2011

Clean And Simple Stamping By Understanding Blue

Second post today.  If you're looking for my Inspiration Challenge post, please scroll down one post.

I had another night of difficulty sleeping, so I decided to check into Splitcoast's Featured Stamper challenge.  This week's featured gallery is Lydia Fiedler also known as Understand Blue.  For my inspiration from her gallery, I chose her Drunk Moped from May's VSN using alcohol inks. 

I have found when I'm printing digital images, I have lots of strips of card stock left over that I could make smaller cards from.  So, I pulled out two of these strips, folded them in half, and stamped them both using Mark's Finest Papers retired Lady Serene and Speedy the Cat's Friends.  Once my images were stamped, I colored both using Lyra jumbo pencils and some Stampin Up! woodless pencils with a prismacolor blender marker.

Now isn't this cat saying the cutest??  Not to mention so appropriate for my household.  It seems the cats and the dog run this place.  All my family does is wait on them hand and foot. ;)

I decided to use a clean and simple technique on both cards, only allowing some small gold Stampendous Class-A-Peel stickers to highlight the teapot and teacup. 

Thanks for stopping by today.  Have a great day.

Stamps: MFP Lady Serene, Speedy The Cat's Friends
Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black
Card Stock: White
Accessories: Lyra Jumbo Pencils, Stampin Up! Woodless Pencils, Prismacolor Blender Marker, Stampendous Class-A-Peel Stickers

No comments:

Post a Comment