Wednesday, July 6, 2011

Your Friendship Is Priceless - MTMEPPS17



Hello again.  I can't believe it's been a week since my last post, however, it's been major migraine week again.  Our temperatures here have been in the triple digits and we've had some monsoon moisture coming up from the desert southwest.  Thunderstorms and my head totally hate each other even though I personally love a good thunderstorm.  Ok, enough of migraine speak.

Can you believe My Time Made Easy's Pretty Pattern Sketch challenges have been going on for 17 weeks?  My how time flies!  For this week's challenge, I wanted to combine MTME's recent digital release, Underwater Wonderment, with Buzz-y Blooms spring looking digital paper.  I thought the blue colored "bee hive" paper made a great looking bubble background.

After downloading Underwater Wonderment, I added my own sentiment to the clam image and printed the image/sentiment combo off twice so I could pop one clam up later.  Once both were done printing, I colored the clams with prismacolor markers before cutting one of the clams out. 

After I was done with all of my layering, I added two strips of ribbon with PTI vintage buttons to the side before finally adding two white silk glitter flowers with a blue gem center.  For the final touches, I added a Making Memories page pebble (remember those) to the larger pearl in the clam shell, and pearl stickers for the bubbles.  However, something still seemed to be missing.  So I pulled out a long the retired Stampin Up! Itty Bitty Backgrounds set and lightly stamped baja breeze around the bottom of the card.  Now, my card was completed.

If you haven't participated in a My Time Made Easy Pretty Pattern or the Pretty Palette challenge, you really should.  Both challenges are great ways to be inspired to use your stamps in a new and different way.

Thanks for stopping by today.  Have a great day.

No comments:

Post a Comment