Wednesday, July 6, 2011

A Weekend Of Stamping - A Combination Of Challenges

Second post for me today.  If you're looking for my My Time Made Easy Pretty Pattern Sketch challenge, please scroll down one post.

I've been trying to  stamp whenever my migraines allow me lately and on Sunday afternoon and late Monday evening, I finally felt well enough to do some.  Fortunately, I had some pre-colored images just waiting to be made into cards I could use. 

First up, is the Stamp Something monthly digital challenge.  I pulled out a digital image I had colored with prismacolor markers from Sassy Cheryl's.  Once I had finished stippling Stampin Up! bashful blue ink around the edges of the image, and layered everything, I added it to a pixie pink card rolled with Stampin Up's hot to dot wheel in pixie pink with some pink ribbon I had sitting on my stamp desk.  The whole card took about 15 minutes to assemble.  For the final touch, I added some ice stickles to highlight the water in the inflatable pool.

I also finally got a chance to ink up my Taylored Expressions Sew Happy set and do a TE sketch challenge for  the first time in a few weeks.  Since I was using a petite stamp set, I decided to use up some of my scraps and pulled out a long piece of black card stock for the base before layering on a stamped white, then pink, pieces of scrap card stock using Stampin Up's retired aida cloth background.  I stamped my TE images onto white card stock scraps using memento tuxedo black ink and then colored with prismacolor markers before popping up the entire main image panel over some recycled ribbon and then one of the dress forms.  After cutting out the spools of thread, I added those just before the ribbon knot, then the saying, and some metal dot stickers for the final touches.

My final card made, is for Mark's Finest Papers Speedy The Cat's Friends patriotic challenge.  I pulled out a couple of Rubber Monger backgrounds that haven't seen ink in a year and combined them with some Costco designer paper I've had in my stash for a while.  Once everything was layered, I lightly stippled Stampin Up! caramel ink over the card to age it a bit, added some ribbon, brads, and prima flowers to the bottom.

All of the cards made this weekend were easy ones due to my migraine, but relaxing and fun just the same.  Thanks for stopping by today.  Have a great day.


Stamps: Sassy Cheryl's Digital, Taylored Expressions Sew Happy, Rubber Monger Declaration, Drummers
Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black, Stampin Up! Creamy Caramel, Bashful Blue, Pixie Pink, PTI Enchanted Evening, Scarlett Jewell
Card Stock: White, Costco Designer Paper, Stampin Up! Black, Pixie Pink, Green Galore, Bashful Blue, PTI Enchanted Evening, Scarlet Jewell
Accessories: Prismacolor Markers, Computer, Printer, Stipple Brushes, Brads, Ribbons, Pop Dots, Word Window Punch, Prima Flowers, Metal Dot Stickers, Ice Stickles

5 comments:

  1. Wow, look at all the beautiful cards. Looks like you had some fun stamping. Your patriotic card is superb. I like how vintage it looks. Everything is super fantastic! Thank you so much for playing with us at Speedy's Friends Challenge. It is a pleasure to visit and see your work. Hope to see you again next week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad your migraines eased up so you could stamp. :) The patriotic card is different and unique, and I like it. The "We The People" background is awesome! THanks for playing with Speedy's Friends.

    ReplyDelete
  3. hope migraine has vanished! these are wonderful cards - really lovin those patriotic images!!!
    thanks for joining us at Speedys Friends (-:

    ReplyDelete
  4. Bonnie--this is a wonderful patriotic card!!! I love the paper, the image, the flower, just everything!!!! Thanks for playing along with us at Speedy the Cat's Friends challenge this week!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Bonnie all of your cards are great - I especially like the patriotic card. I like the distressing on it and the layout! Hope your migraine goes away soon! Thanks for playing with Speedy's Friends!

    ReplyDelete