Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Speedy The Cat Friend's Challenge #63

Hello again.  Today I'm sharing a card I made for Speedy The Cat Friends Challenge using die cuts as a mat background.  Thank goodness I already had a doily die cut since I'm dealing with another migraine.

Once I had my images stamped onto white card stock in memento tuxedo black, I pulled out my prismacolor markers and got to coloring.  After everything was layered, I decided last minute (gotta love those last minute things) to add some "grass" and pulled out my long retired Stampin Up! watercolor mini's set and created the grass using the watercolor landscape technique Kittie had taught me over on SCS, just minus the watercolor part this time.  With that done, I added the brads and popped up the image over some Martha Stewart ribbon I had picked up on clearance last year.  For the final touches, I added some dew drops to the designer paper, some primas, gold clip, and highlighted the water/flowers with ice stickles.

Thanks for stopping by today.  Have a great day.


Stamps: MFP Believe In You, Stampin Up! Watercolor Mini's
Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black, Stampin Up! Bashful Blue, Melon Mambo, Certainly Celery, Kiwi Kiss, Wild Wasabi
Card Stock: White, Stampin Up! Wild Wasabi, Pretty In Pink, Soft Sky, Basic Gray Kioshi DP
Accessories: Prismacolor Markers, Dew Drops, Pop Dots, Gold Clip, Primas, Gold Brad, Blue Mini Brads, Glue Dots, Ice Stickles, MFT Doily Die-Namic, Stipple Brushes

3 comments:

  1. Bonnie you have created a lovely card here. Your flower accent is just wonderful and I love your little rhinestones. Thank you so much for playing along in Speedy's Friends Challenge. It's a pleasure to see your work. Hope you can join us next week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! I love the background die cut you used for your pretty focal point. And your coloring is just beautiful...Thanks for sharing your creation with Speedy's Friends!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The image is too cute! Fun card!

    ReplyDelete