Wednesday, July 20, 2011

July 2011 Blast From The Past





It's that time of the month again - Taylored Expressions Blast From The Past Blog Hop.  I am so glad this day has come.  I was beginning to worry I wouldn't be able to participate thanks to my migraines.  They've gotten really bad lately, however, thanks to Taylor's Dies, I was finally able to make a card in a few minutes.

This month's challenge is "Sending You Sunshine".  Well, for those that live in California, especially the Central Valley, sunshine is all you get during the summer; except this year for some reason.  Hmmm.  However, I digress.  For me, summer and sunshine means lots of sun, flowers, fruits, nuts, harvest time, grass (some of it brown) and 100+ degree temperatures, perfect for TE's Garden Party Blooms set.  However, this time, I planned on using my matching Garden Party Blooms Dies 1 & 2 instead of cutting everything out by hand like the last time I used the set.  That was such a total V8 moment when I came across those.

I started out by stamping my images in various colors of PTI ink to match the Cosmo Cricket Pixie-licious designer paper.  Once that was done, I pulled out my Big Shot and cut out all of the images.  In order to make the PTI spring rain layer stand out a bit more, I rubbed some spring rain ink along the sides of the card stock before adhering it to the designer paper. 

Finally, the inside, which I don't normally decorate complete with the phrase "Sending You Sunshine".  Here's a pic of the inside.

Make sure you stop by the rest of the hoppers in the list below for some more eye candy.




Thanks for stopping by.  Have a great day.


Stamps: TE Garden Party Blooms
Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black, Various PTI
Card Stock: White, PTI New Leaf, Spring Rain, Cosmo Cricket Pixie-licious
Accessories: TE Garden Party Blooms Dies 1 & 2, Pop Dots

10 comments:

  1. Really a very pretty card - TFS!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOVE your beautiful garden Bonnie!!! LOVE this!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. How cute is this garden! Very sweet and fun! Love it :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sweet card!! Hope you are feeling better real soon!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a perfect summer card. Love the pretty flowers and mushrooms. Lovely colors! DThe dies came very handy I assume... :o)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such a cheery card and I love all the elements you were able to die cut and pop up! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very pretty scene! I hope your migraines get better soon, I know how awful they are.

    ReplyDelete
  8. super cute flowers and I love the pop up sun

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great card, I love all the die cut flowers! Definitely very summery, and the inside looks great!

    Chris L.

    ReplyDelete