Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Hey There Friend - Paper Smooches July Sparks Challenge






Hi and Happy Tuesday!!!  Today I'm sharing a card I made a few days ago for the Paper Smooches July Sparks Challenge.  First I have to say I love Kim Hughes' stamp sets and was sooooooo bummed when CHF closed up.  Thank goodness Kim has her own company now. Yippee!!!

For this month's challenge, I chose to go with the color portion of the challenge and use: navy, kraft, sky blue, orange.  I thought these colors would be perfect with Kim's free bird digi stamp and some awesome Costco old world map designer paper I bought over a year ago.  Once I downloaded the digi and printed it out twice onto white card stock, I then colored it with prismacolor markers (no I don't own copics yet) before layering onto the navy, kraft, designer paper combination with some Stampin Up! bashful blue brads.  To "age" the bird a bit, I added some lightly stippled caramel dye ink around the white spaces before cutting out the second bird to pop up later.  Here's a close up of the popped up bird with a googlie eye center.

Once I was finished with my bird, I pulled out my only Paper Smooches stamp set, Sentiment Sampler, and stamped two of the sentiments from the set before layering those and stippling caramel ink over it.  For my final touches, I pulled out some navy grosgrain ribbon, and some light blue primas to finish off the front of the card before sponging navy ink around the edges.

If you haven't thought about participating in the Paper Smooches Sparks Challenge, you still have time.  Check out all of the details here.

Thanks for stopping by today.  Have a great day.


Stamps: Paper Smooches Digital Bird, Sentiment Sampler
Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black, Stampin Up! Night Of Navy, Creamy Caramel
Card Stock: White, Stampin Up! Night Of Navy, Kraft, Costco Designer Paper
Accessories: Prismacolor Markers, Googlie Eye, Martha Stewart 2-Way Glue, Primas, Glue Dots, Ribbon, Stampin Up! Brads, Stipple Brush, Sponge, Pop Dots

2 comments:

  1. so pretty & sweet Bonnie! i love your coloring!

    ReplyDelete
  2. so darling! love the blue with the kraft.....good luck, Bonnie!

    ReplyDelete