Wednesday, July 27, 2011

Heart Art Journal

Welcome!!  Second post today.  If you're looking for my My Time Made Easy Pretty Pattern Sketch, please scroll down one post.

I recently signed up for an online journaling class with The Greeting Farm.  It's going to be a challenge to do with my migraines, but I'm determined to complete the class if at all possible.  For the 23 week online class, I chose to use a composition book as my journal since money is a bit tight right now.  I covered the outside using some lighthouse designer paper from my stash and then added a couple of The Greeting Farm mermaid Anya's to it.

For our week one assignment, we are to create a two page spread with the theme "Spread Your Wings".  I chose to do a bad imitation of Michelle Zindorf's brayer technique using four different Stampin Up! inks: marigold morning, baja breeze, soft suede, and kiwi kiss.

I then stamped my background using Stampin Up! Inspired by Nature set inked with memento tuxedo black and stamped several times on both pages to overlap the images.  After the saying was done being stamped to both pages, I added two Greeting Farm stamps I received as a gift from my friend Kelli Jo, layered onto Stampin Up! artichoke card stock with bashful blue ink lightly stippled around the images.

For the final touches, I added some white gel pen highlights throughout the two page spread and then some punched Martha Stewart butterflies using scrap card stock....and.....presto!..... I was done.  Not bad doing all that at the last minute with a nasty migraine starting up again. *sigh*  Below are close-up's of both pages.












Thanks for stopping by today.  Have a great day.



Stamps: Stampin Up! Inspired By Nature, The Greeting Farm Three Seasons
Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black, Stampin Up! Marigold Morning, Baja Breeze, Kiwi Kiss, Soft Suede
Card Stock: White, Stampin Up! Artichoke Scrap
Accessories: Brayer, Composition Book, Corner Rounder, Martha Stewart Butterfly Punch, White Gel Pen

No comments:

Post a Comment