Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Eastern Influences - My Time Made Easy Pretty Pattern Sketch 18



Hello and Happy Thursday!!!  Welcome to another addition of My Time Made Easy's Pretty Pattern Sketch Challenge.  This week's sketch is awesome and so versatile.  Since I wanted to use up some of the charms I've had in my stash forever (rolls eyes), I decided to go with an Eastern theme.
Pulling out my Bold Botanicals stamp set and Warm Serenity digital paper, I got to work.  First, I stamped my card's background in burgundy using one of the floral images from the set before stamping my main floral image twice in memento tuxedo black onto cream card stock.  As a last minute addition, I decided to also stamp the tulip from Bold Botanicals in memento black onto cream scrap card stock and then colored everything with prismacolor markers.  Once my layering onto black card stock was done, I added some vintage brads and then popped up the main image panel over both smaller panels.  This card has a lot of dimension on the main image panel especially since each of the individual blooms are popped up on different sized pop dots before being highlighted with either a dew drop or ice stickles. 

For the final touches, I added some vintage lion charms, ribbon, dew drops, and then a stamped butterfly to the card.

Thanks for stopping by today.  Have a great day.


Stamps: MTME Bold Botanicals
Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black, Stampin Up! Bravo Burgundy, Tim Holtz Tea Stain
Card Stock: Cream, Stampin Up! Bravo Burgundy, Black, MTME Digital Warm Serenity
Accessories: Prismacolor Markers, Ribbon, Pop Dots, Dew Drop, Glue Dots, Charms, Ice Stickles, Stipple Brush

No comments:

Post a Comment