Wednesday, July 27, 2011

Cherish, Dream, Live - My Time Made Easy Pretty Pattern Sketch #20





Hello there.  Sorry for not posting for a week, I've been down with another freakin migraine again.  For this week's My Time Made Easy Pretty Pattern Sketch is to take your favorite sketch from patterns 1-6, and use it for this week.  For my card, I chose to use sketch #3.  It's one of my favorite layouts, not just because it's easy, but I can do so many things with it.

I started out by stamping my background and "ribbon strip" in Stampin Up! raspberry ink using one of the butterflies from the All A Flutter stamp set.  Then I took the Sensational Stems stamp set and stamped my main image panel in Stampin Up! artichoke and raspberry inks before lightly stippling bashful blue around the edges and layering.  One that was done, I took some K & Company vintage paper, tore the top one half off and adhered it to the card before adhering my ribbon strip and main image panels.  For my sentiment, I used one of the All A Flutter Sentiments and punched it out using a scallop punch before sponging raspberry ink around it and the card.  I then replaced the ribbon on the sketch with an artichoke butterfly with copper highlights.  See how easy it is to change the sketch around and still keep it somewhat the same?

I hope you'll join us this week.  If you play along all month your name will be entered into a drawing for a Pretty Package of your choice.



Stamps: MTME All A Flutter, All A Flutter Sentiments, Sensational Stems
Ink: Stampin Up! Raspberry, Artichoke
Card Stock: Vanilla, Stampin Up! Raspberry, Artichoke, K&Company Vintage Designer Pad
Accessories: Sponge, Brads, Pop Dots, Punch, Copper Ice Stickles, Martha Stewart Butterfly Punch

1 comment:

  1. Beautiful card, Bonnie. I'm so sorry that I keep sending you my monsoons but hey - I don't want them, what else am I supposed to do with them? hehe... I hope you are feeling better. ((hugs))

    ReplyDelete