Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Birthday Cupcake

Hello again.  Happy Hump Day!  The week is almost over. 

Today I am sharing a card I made for my "adopted son's" 19th birthday yesterday.  The card is made using Mark's Finest Papers new Birthday Mini stamp set I received with my Speedy the Cat birthday swap cards.  The Birthday Mini set was released on July 12th and is so stinkin fun to play with.

I started out by stamping a background using the "celebrate" saying from the set in Stampin Up! turquoise ink before stamping the cupcake twice in memento tuxedo black onto white card stock.  Once I had the two cupcakes colored, I stamped my saying above the main image in memento black before spritzing Stampin Up! real red marker over the image panel.  Once everything was layered, I added some retired bold bright brads and then the cut out cupcake image with pop dots.

Thanks for stopping by today.  Have a great day.


Stamps: MFP Birthday Mini
Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black, Stampin Up! Tempting Turquoise
Card Stock: White, Stampin Up! Tempting Turquoise, Real Red Scrap
Accessories: Prismacolor Markers, Brads, Pop Dots, Real Red Marker, Color Spritzer Tool, Stipple Brush, Glue Dots

1 comment:

  1. Love this delightful cupcake creation, Bonnie!! I haven't played with my MFP cupcake yet! I'll have to remember your fun background when I do!

    Thanks for visiting my blog and leaving such a sweet comment on my card in today's MFP Blog Hop!

    Good luck in the drawing!!

    ReplyDelete