Wednesday, June 8, 2011

It's Movie and Baby Time - MTMEPPS13


Hello and welcome to another My Time Made Easy Pretty Pattern Sketch Challenge. This week's sketch is so versatile and I had so much fun with it.  I know I say that every week, however, this one definitely needs to be referred back to time and time again.  For my samples this week, I decided to use My Time Made Easy's new June digital release.
My first sample uses the new Night at the Movies set.  After downloading and breaking apart the set, I printed off the vintage movie reel, colored with prismacolor markers, and then stippled Tim Holtz old paper ink around, and over, the image.  After layering it, and adding some vintage brads, I layered everything over the new Movie Tickets digital paper.  After adding some primas and another vintage brad, I was ready to tackle the inside using the Just 4 You saying from the set. 
I really love the countdown numbers that have been included in the set.  Totally reminds me of going to the movies before DVD's and seeing the countdown numbers showing just before the movie started.  Ok, that really dates me now.  ;) 
My second sample uses the new About to Pop set in a totally new way combined with the Bringing Home Baby set.  I got the idea for this card after seeing the "About to Pop" phrase and thinking; how would it work with a baby shower card.  It's works perfectly! 

Once both sets were downloaded, broken apart, and the selected images printed off, I pulled out my prismacolor markers to color everything (matching the Movie Tickets digital paper to control the colors used), and then cutting out my images so I could pop a couple of them up later.

Ironically, I started assembling my card from the inside out for some reason.  After adding the layered saying, and a designer paper strip on the bottom, I added the baby carriage and lone ticket before stamping the bottle and duck in memento tuxedo black.  When I started assembling the front, instead of using ribbon for a border strip, I used the additional tickets downloaded from the About to Pop set and added the stork instead of a flower from the sketch. 

For the final touches, "baby time" was stamped to each of the tickets, faux brads (punched mini circles) were used on the main image layer, and a Martha Stewart pre-made ribbon bow was added using glue dots.

Thanks for stopping by today.  I hope you participate in this week's challenge.  We'd love to see you there!  Have a great day.


Stamps: MTME Digital Night at the Movies, About to Pop, Bringing Home Baby, MFT It's Shower Time
Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black
Card Stock: MTME Digital Movie Tickets Designer Paper, Stampin Up! Summer Sun, Riding Hood Red, Baja Breeze, White
Accessories: Prismacolor Markers, Glue Dots, Computer, Printer, Pop Dots, Pop Up Glue Dots, Martha Stewart Ribbon Bow

1 comment:

  1. What fun images and sentiments! The cards are wonderful.. that sketch if awesome.

    ReplyDelete