Sunday, May 15, 2011

You're Vintage! - WSC 19

I'm finally getting a chance to participate, and post, for the My Favorite Things weekly sketch challenge.  I decided to go with a vintage look and use MFT's Inspired By Spring set paired with the new Lily Bee Picket Fence designer paper.  I really chose to be a rebel this week, and totally took the sketch a different direction. 


After stamping my images in memento tuxedo black onto vanilla card stock, I pulled out my prismacolor markers and got to coloring before cutting one nest and bird out to pop up later. I stippled some Stampin Up! bashful blue ink around the edges, and lightly in the middle, before I popped up my bird at the top of the sketch instead of using a tag like the sketch.  Once the nest was popped up, and flowers added to the side, I decided to add some blue dew drops over the circles in the designer paper for a different look.  Here's a close up of the nest and bird dimensions.

Taking the new Just My Type stamp and die set, I die cut some vanilla card stock before stamping one of the sayings onto the "paper" portion of the die.  I then stippled some Stampin Up! close to cocoa ink around the edges before adding some scrap designer paper to the bottom, and then a prima to finish it off.

Thanks for stopping by today.  Have a great day.


Stamps: MFT Inspired By Spring, Just My Type
Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black, PTI Dark Chocolate, Stampin Up! Close To Cocoa
Card Stock: MFP Vanilla, Lily Bee Picket Fence Designer Paper, Stampin Up! Chocolate Chip, Bashful Blue
Accessories: Prismacolor Markers, MFT Just My Type Die-namic, Silk Flower Stickers, Dew Drops, Mini Glue Dots, Stipple Brush, Pop Dots, Mini Pop Dots, Making Memories Baby Brads, Primas, Medium Glue Dots

No comments:

Post a Comment