Wednesday, May 25, 2011

The Birds And The Bees - MTME Pretty Pattern Sketch 11


Hello again.  It's time for another My Time Made Easy Pretty Pattern Sketch.  I had so much fun with this sketch, I have two cards to show you today.  I'm really happy with how they both turned out since I made them while on medication for a massive migraine.
My first card uses the newly released set Bee-Loved and the new Bee Mine digital paper combined with one of my favorite color combinations: blue, green, and yellow.  Once I had printed off the Bee Mine digital paper, I allowed the paper to really choose the colors I used.

After stamping my images twice onto white card stock in memento tuxedo black and coloring with prismacolor markers, I took one set of images and cut them out to pop up later.  I made sure to lightly stipple Stampin Up! bashful blue ink around the edges of the main image before layering and then stamped my card layers in Stampin Up! sage shadow, bashful blue, and pacific pointe.  Once everything was stamped and layered, my card was ready to be assembled.

Taking some pop dots, I popped up the main image panel over the stamped border strips, then popped up the daisy after adding a Making Memories page pebble to the center.  The leaves were popped up on smaller pop dots so I could achieve different layers of dimension.  Once I added the prima flowers, I found a small bee sticker in my stash from Michael's and then added that to the center of the primas.  Here's a close up of the card's dimension.

My second card features the Singing Silhouette set and Cheerful Chirps digital paper.  Again, I allowed the digital paper to choose my color scheme.  All of the images in the main panel are stamped using various colors of Versamark chalk ink, except the bird cage which uses memento tuxedo black.  I wanted at least three layers of dimension on the card, so I stamped the bird cage twice, and the bluebirds three times, cutting each out for their respective layers.  Stampin Up! bashful blue ink is again stippled around the main image panel to help fill in the white spaces.

While stamping the border strips, I again used various shades of Versamark chalk ink before adding the border strips to my card.  Once the borders were added, I adhered the main image panel using glue dots so it would hold better before adding the popped up birdcage, and then the popped up bluebirds.  Pulling out some green Michael's bridal confetti flowers, I added two layered over each other with a Stampendous class-a-peel bling center.  Since I can never really do things the easy way, I decided to add the same bling stickers very carefully to the birdcage after it was already popped up on my card. 

Thanks for stopping by today.  I really hope you participate in the My Time Made Easy Pretty Pattern Sketch challenges.  They are a lot of fun, and really stretch the imagination.  Have a great day.


Stamps: MTME Bee-Loved, Singing Silhouette
Card Stock: White, Stampin Up! Pacific Pointe, Sage Shadow, Barely Banana, Riding Hood Red, Mellow Moss, MTME Cheerful Chirps Digital Paper, MTME Bee Mine Digital Paper
Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black, Various Versamark Colors, Stampin Up! Bashful Blue, Pacific Pointe, Sage Shadow
Accessories: Prismacolor Markers, Making Memories Page Pebble, Pop Dots, Mini Pop Dots, Glue Dots, Brads, Michael's Bridal Confetti Flowers, Prima Flowers, Bee Sticker, Stampendous Class-A-Peel Stickers, Stipple Brush, Ice Stickles

1 comment:

  1. Both cards are so sweet, Bonnie! What a fun sketch--you did a fab job with it!

    ReplyDelete