Sunday, May 15, 2011

All About Dad - It's A My Time Made Easy Digital Release!!!

Hello everyone!!!  Happy Sunday Evening!!  This month's My Time Made Easy digital release is just awesome!!!!  I had a blast making Father's Day cards using the new digital's and a month early at that!  I am never that organized for Father's Day.

First up is one of my favorites.  I remember growing up and thinking my dad was just like Superman, even after my parents divorced, so the new Super Dad Digi is perfect for the Super Dad in your house too.  I had this fantastic DCWV All About Boys designer paper pack that fit this image perfectly.  After printing off both of the digi's, and coloring with prismacolor markers, I cut one Super Dad image out to pop up for added dimension.  Dusting off my under used star punch, I punched two pieces of scrap paper and stamped some stars onto them before sponging matching ink around the edges.  It took forever to find the gold star brad I knew I had somewhere in the house, but I eventually found it and added the brad to the centers of the punched stars.  After adding some matching gold brads, and stippling some Stampin Up! bashful blue ink around the main image, I popped up the cut out image before adding some blue sticker buttons I've had for ages. 

Next up is also a memory maker for me.  During elementary school, my dad and I were a part of the YMCA Indian Guides program.  Every year there was a fishing contest during the annual Awahanee Nation camp out, so this Let's Go Fishing image was perfect to remind my dad about all of our wins.  Our tribe, or clan, The Happy Palm Tree clan, always managed to win all of the spots in the fishing contest for some reason.  Us girls seemed to take turns winning first place.  I sure remember baiting the line, tossing it into the lake, and being totally awed by the size of the fish that could come out of that lake.

I paired the image up with DCWV All About Boys designer paper before trimming both of the lower corners for a different look.  After stippling Stampin Up! bashful blue around the edges and sky, I then lightly stippled almost amethyst to add a bit more color to the early morning sky.  After adding some aged copper brads and diamond ice stickles to highlight the water, my card was finally finished.  This one is going to my dad with a note "Thanks for the memories".  I had a blast with my dad during our time with the YMCA Indian Guides program.  I'm not sure if it's still operative, but if the program, still exists, you should really look into it if you have small children.  The values, time alone with a parent, and the friends I made back then have stayed with me for life, especially the values that were taught to us.

Another thing we would do at summer camp was hike, hike, and hike some more.  I loved exploring the woods with my dad and friends from The Happy Palm Tree clan.   I paired the Happy Trails Digital image with some DCWV All About Boys designer paper and some DCWV Going Green designer paper for a more rustic look.  Once everything was colored, and layered, I tied some natural hemp ribbon around the middle of the card twice before popping up my main image panel over them.  For the final touch, I stippled some bashful blue ink for the sky and then added some hand drawn birds with a black marker. 

Last up is my son's favorite sport - basketball.  Although I've never played the sport, my son is very passionate about it.  I think I'll have him give this to his dad for Father's Day.  I paired the A Great Team image with DCWV All About Boys designer paper and some dry embossed Stampin Up! baja breeze card stock.  After coloring everything with prismacolor markers, and stippling bashful blue ink for the sky again, I added some hand drawn birds to finish the card off.

If you have never worked with digital images before, all of this month's My Time Made Easy's digital images are a great place to start.  Thanks for stopping by today.  Have a great evening.


Stamps: MTME Digital Stamps, Super Dad, Let's Go Fishing, Happy Trails, A Great Team
Card Stock: White, Stampin Up! Summer Sun, Bashful Blue, Riding Hood Red, Baja Breeze, Chocolate Chip, Going Gray, DCWV All About Boys, Going Green Designer Papers
Ink: Stampin Up! Bashful Blue, Almost Amethyst, Always Artichoke
Accessories: Prismacolor Markers, Brads, Pop Dots, Glue Dots, Button Stickers, Stipple Brushes, Sponges, Cuttlebug Circle Embossing Folder, Big Shot, Black Marker, Stampin Up! Handsome Hunter Marker, Stampin Up! Close To Cocoa Marker, Brocade Blue Marker, Natural Hemp Ribbon

1 comment:

  1. Wow, Bonnie, you have been busy! I adore all your cards using the cute bears. Aren't they fun? Great job!

    ReplyDelete