Sunday, May 22, 2011

Above The Fog - WSC20

Second post for me today.  If you're looking for my Stamp Something challenge, please scroll down one post.

I had these balloon images colored a couple of weeks ago and just had not assembled a card with them yet, so when this week's Wednesday Stamp Club sketch came out, I knew the time had come.  Pullin out some K&Company Brenda Walton designer paper to give the card a vintage look, I began assembling the images together.  Once I had my designer paper adhered to the card, I stippled some Stampin Up! creamy caramel ink around the edges and then did the same thing around the edges of the main image layer.  Oh why, oh why did Stampin Up! retire the caramel color??  It's my favorite to use for beach scenes, and making stuff vintage.  Argh!!
Once I had some scrap Stampin Up! sage shadow card stock die cut, using MFT's Jumbo Scallop Die-Namic, I also stippled caramel ink over those so the border would be aged a bit too.  Taking out some Tim Holtz antique linen, old paper, and tea stain distress inks, I began stippling the clouds to age them since I had die cut those on white card stock instead of vanilla.  Once the clouds were done, I stippled the same inks over the sun to age that before adding just a tad of distress inks to the popped up balloons.  For the final touch, I die cut a butterfly using MFT's Butterfly Die-Namic, stippled ink over that, and added some gem stickers to the body to make it stand out a bit.

I'm really happy with how this turned out since I put it together with a nasty migraine and meds.  Thanks for stopping by today.  Have a great day.



Stamps: MFT Inspired By Balloons
Card Stock: Vanilla, Stampin Up! Lavender Lace, Sage Shadow, White, K&Company Brenda Walton Designer Paper
Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black, Stampin Up! Bashful Blue, Creamy Caramel, Tim Holts Antique Linen, Old Paper, Tea Stain Distress Inks
Accessories: Prismacolor Markers, MFT Die-Namics, Pop Dots, Stipple Brushes, Gem Stickers, Glue Dots, Brads

No comments:

Post a Comment