Sunday, April 17, 2011

Vintage Jars - TE Sketch Challenge 136



Hello again; the weekend is almost over.  Sigh!  Tomorrow it's back to work again.  Anyhoo, I made the most of a semi-migraine free day and stamped my take on this week's Taylored Expressions Sketch Challenge on Splitcoast.  I decided to use my new Taylored Expressions set Treasure LifeApothecary Shelf and the matching dies.

I started out by pulling out some October Afternoon Thrift Shop designer paper, and then matched my card stock & inks to it.  After stamping my apothecary jars in memento tuxedo black ink onto white paper and cutting out using the matching dies, I then pulled out my prismacolor markers and got to coloring.  I decided to make one of the bundles of "apples" into "peaches", and it turned out pretty good I think.  Once the coloring was done, I cut out the shelf, and put the jars to the side for popping some up later.

To make the background, I stamped the apothecary jar border into Paptertrey Ink ocean tides ink onto Stampin Up! baja breeze card stock.  Once that was layered, I pulled out some vintage brads and added some silk flowers from Joann's below the filled shelf.  Two of the apothecary jars are popped up on mini pop dots, with the one remaining jar layered on the inside with the saying.  Here's a close up of the center layer.

Thanks for stopping by today.  Have a great evening.




Stamps: Taylored Expressions Treasure Life, Apothecary Shelf
Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black, Papertrey Ink Ocean Tides
Card Stock: White, Stampin Up! Baja Breeze, Kraft, October Afternoon Thrift Shop
Accessories: Dies, Prismacolor Markers, Brads, Silk Flowers, Mini Pop Dots

No comments:

Post a Comment