Friday, April 22, 2011

Vintage Bookmark


Hello again.  Today I'm sharing a bookmark I made for a vintage swap over on Splitcoast.

For my bookmark, I pulled out a stamp set from See-Dee's I had bought from Lauren (mytime) when she cleaned out her stamp closet a couple of years ago.

Once I stamped my images in memento tuxedo black onto some vanilla bookmark cardstock, I colored the images using prismacolor watercolor pencils instead of using my markers.  I was hoping not using the markers would "lighten" the images and make the bookmark appear old and faded.  To help achieve the aged look I was trying for, I stippled some Tim Holtz old paper, tea stain and antique linen inks over and around the images.  After I was done layering everything, I pulled out some antique brass vintage brads to finish everything off.  Here's a close up of the details.

Thanks for stopping by today.  Have a great day.



Stamps: See-Dee's
Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black, Tim Holtz Tea Stain, Antique Linen, Old Paper
Card Stock: DMD Vanilla Bookmarks, Stampin Up! Vintage Violet, True Thyme
Accessories: Prismacolor Watercolor Pencils, Prismacolor Blending Marker, Stipple Brushes, Brads

No comments:

Post a Comment