Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Faith Hope Courage Strength - MTME Pretty Patterns 05


Hello again!  It's time for another My Time Made Easy Pretty Patterns Sketch Challenge.  I'm hoping you're having a fabulous week so far and are ready for some stamping fun!  Here are a few deets regarding the challenge: Feel free to use our sketch on any project you want, we encourage you to get creative! And of course you can combine challenges. While participation with products from My Time Made Easy ™ LLC is appreciated, it is not required to participate. You can use products from ANY company.

This week the Pretty Pattern Sketch Team is using some digital images that are being released April 15th.  You sure don't want to miss the release on Friday because these new digital images are fantastic and so easy to use. 

Now, being the rebel that I am sometimes, I took this week's sketch and turned it sideways while re-arranging it...sort of.   After downloading the My Little Friend image, and printing it out twice, I pulled out my prismacolor markers and colored both images identically so one could be popped up later.  Once both were colored and one cut out, I decided to pull out my You've Got Mail set (which hasn't seen ink yet - yikes!) and stamped only the heart around the edges of the card with memento ladybug ink.  I then stamped the same heart on a white panel using memento rhubarb stalk ink.  I wanted the smaller sketch panel to match the A Loving Heart digital designer paper I had also downloaded.  Once that was done, using the omitting technique, I inked the saying from Bold Botanicals using memento tuxedo black.  By using the omitting technique, I could ink only parts of the saying at one time, clean the stamp, and ink the rest of the saying without having to cut the saying apart. 

After I was done inking and stamping everything, I outlined the red layers using a Stampin Up! ruby red marker so the layers would be separated somewhat.  Pulling out some under used Making Memories button brads, I added those to the center of my prima "circle" and to the corners of the digital image.  Once that was done, I added the cut out My Little Friend, popping it up on mini & micro pop dots before adding some Michael's gem stickers and a pre-tied ribbon bow to finish it off. 

If you haven't joined any of the My Time Made Easy Challenges, what are you waiting for?  They're a lot of fun, challenge you to try new layouts/color combinations and definitely stretches your imagination.  Hope to see you there.

Thanks for stopping by today.  Have a great day!



Stamps: MTME My Little Friend Digital, You've Got Mail, Bold Botanicals
Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black, Memento Rhubarb Stalk, Memento Ladybug
Card Stock: White, Stampin Up! Riding Hood Red, MTME A Loving Heart Digital Paper
Accessories: Prismacolor Markers, Dimensionals, Primas, Glue Dots, Gem Stickers, Ribbon Bow, Making Memories Button Brads

2 comments:

  1. Well Bonnie I would say that your card shows that you are more of a rebel with a cause :)
    I was telling Monique that my favorite color is red and your card uses the color so well that you cannot notice how awesome your card is in every detail. Hugs, Fran

    ReplyDelete
  2. Simply adorable Bonnie:)...Great take on the sketch :)

    ReplyDelete