Tuesday, March 22, 2011

What A Hot Ride!!



Hello again!  This week's Teapot Challenge is to make a masculine card (cars, trucks, cooks, sports, etc) for our Destination Station recipient.  For that, I decided to pull out my long retired, but well loved Stampin Up! set Classic Pickups.

I started out by stamping the pickup on white card stock in memento tuxedo black ink and coloring with prismacolor markers.  Since I was making the flames stand out a bit, I decided to sponge Stampin Up! summer sun ink around the edges before layering.  For the background, I pulled out the matching retired tire track wheel and inked it in Stampin Up! real red, only orange, & summer sun dye inks for the corresponding layers.  After adding some Making Memories white baby brads, I pulled out some Colorbook metal sticker dots to fill in some of the extra space on the card front. 

If you haven't joined in on the Teapot Tuesday challenges, you really should try sometime.  They're a lot of fun.  Thanks for stopping by today.  Have a great day!!



Stamps: Stampin Up! Classic Pickups, Tire Track Wheel, Close To My Heart Saying
Ink: Stampin Up! Real Red, Only Orange, Summer Sun, Memento Tuxedo Black
Card Stock: White, Stampin Up! Real Red, Only Orange, Yoyo Yellow
Accessories: Prismacolor Markers, Sponge, Colorbook Metal Sticker Dots, Making Memories White Baby Brads

No comments:

Post a Comment