Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Pretty As A Peacock


Happy Wednesday!!!  The week is half over already.  Now where is this month going??  February just seemed to fly by and now March is doing the same thing. 

I just love this image from The Stamping Bug.  Ironically, I found it during a VSN stamping weekend a few years back.  Another stamper had used the image and I just had to know who made it and where to get it.  Ever have one of those moments?  I haven't regretted it since.

I inked up an long retired Stampin Up! background first in turquoise ink and stamped that on the card.  Then, inking up my peacock, I started in on coloring it with my prismacolor markers.  I know most people use copics now, but I'm in love with my prismacolor's.  Once the coloring was done, I stippled some turquoise ink around the edges before layering and adding matching brads.  Once that was done, I popped it up over some Stampin Up! apricot ribbon and added a silver paper clip saying & bling to the feathers to finish everything off.

Thanks for stopping by today.  Have a great rest of the week.



Stamps: Stampin Up! Filigree (retired), The Stamping Bug (peacock)
Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black, Stampin Up! Tempting Turquoise
Card Stock: White, Stampin Up! Tempting Turquoise, Apricot Appeal
Accessories: Prismacolor Markers, Stipple Brush, Ribbon, Clip, Brads, Dimensionals

No comments:

Post a Comment