Thursday, March 24, 2011

Little Sailor Days


Remember, long ago, kids dressed up in little sailor outfits?  I don't remember if I did this to my kids or not.  Oh, that's making me old!!  I found this really cool free digital image at Digital Two For Tuesday a while back.  I finally got around to coloring and making a card with the image. 

After printing the image on white card stock, I let the ink dry for 20 minutes or so, then colored with prismacolor markers before stippling Stampin Up! creamy caramel ink around the edges.  (Now why did Stampin Up! retire this color?  Personally, I use it all of the time for beach, lighthouse, ocean, and especially vintage cards.  Now I have to find a new color to use - what a drag!)  However, I digress.

Once my image was layered, I die cut some wave borders in navy card stock using MFT's Wave Die-Namic.  After adding the wave borders over some Costco designer paper, I popped up my "kids" over the waves using dimensionals.  Here, I decided to be a bit different.  Instead of tying my twine horizontally like normal, I cut a small slit in the top of the card and threaded my twine through the top before tying it into a knot.  After adding a punched starfish to the center of the twine knot, I finished the card off by stippling caramel ink around the edges of the card to age it a bit more.

Thanks for stopping by today.  Have a great day!

Stamps: Digital Image Digital Two For Tuesday
Ink: Stampin Up! Creamy Caramel
Card Stock: White, Stampin Up! Night Of Navy, Creamy Caramel, Kraft Scrap, Costco Designer Paper
Accessories: Prismacolor Markers, Computer, Printer, Twine, Dimensionals, Brads, Stipple Brush, Martha Stewart Starfish Punch, Glue Dot

2 comments:

  1. OMG! I absolutely ADORE this card! I think it may be my all time favorite card you've ever made (and you know I am a huge fan of your work!). This is just awesome! I love nautical and have to admit that although I love, support and admire all of our military, I am somewhat partial to the Navy. And yes, I did dress my kids up like this ;-) I can totally remember the outfits!
    Oh how I wish these were stamps, as I don't do digital. I just adore the images. Your card is fabulous, Bonnie- I love everything about it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So cute. I love your card and the details you have added. Thank you for sharing.

    ReplyDelete