Tuesday, March 15, 2011

A Lighthouse By The Sea



Hello again.  I have another VSN card for you today using one of my favorite GinaK Designs sets - Guiding Light.  Since I love lighthouses, when this set came out a year ago, it was a no brainer to buy it.  Too bad it hasn't seen ink much in the last year because the set makes some really pretty cards.

For this VSN challenge, I stamped my lighthouse scene twice in memento tuxedo black onto white card stock before coloring with prismacolor markers.  After the coloring was done, I cut one lighthouse out to pop up later.  Once my layering was done, I popped up the second lighthouse using dimensionals, added some vintage brads and then just a bit of waterfall ice stickles for the background waves.

Turning my attention to the card, I then stamped the anchor chain in Tim Holtz tea stain ink onto a MFT kraft scalloped card from one of the monthly kits a year ago.  Once that was done, I then stippled Stampin Up! creamy caramel ink around the edges of the card before die cutting waves using Stampin Up! creamy caramel and soft sky card stocks with a MFT Die-Namic.  After my waves were die cut, I then lightly stippled creamy caramel ink over, and around the edges of them, to highlight a bit more against the kraft card.  The final touch was some ribbon I had bought from the Michael's dollar bin over a year ago and just hadn't used yet.  Don't you just love when something you bought a long time ago turns out fitting in perfectly?

Thanks for stopping by today.  Tomorrow I have another VSN card to share with you as well.


Stamps: GinaK Guilding Light
Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black, Tim Holtz Tea Stain
Card Stock: White, MFT Kraft Scalloped Card, Stampin Up! Soft Sky, Creamy Caramel
Accessories: Prismacolor Markers, Stipple Brush, MFT Die-Namic, Dimensionals, Vintage Brads, Ribbon, Glue Dot

No comments:

Post a Comment