Sunday, March 27, 2011

Friendship Flowers



Second post for me today.  If you're looking for my February Christmas Card Challenge, please scroll down one post.

For this week's My Time Made Easy Pretty Pattern challenge, I decided to go with a spring theme to match the Stamp Something Spring Challenge and pulled out my Bold Botanicals set and stamped the flowers in memento tuxedo black ink before coloring with prismacolor markers.  I had allowed my color design to be decided by some Basic Grey Infuse designer paper I had planned on using as a background.  Once everything was stamped and colored, I layered the flowers on Stampin Up! basic black card stock to help make the images pop a bit more and added some baby brads.  It was at this point I decided to be a bit of a rebel and omit one layer from the sketch because it wouldn't work with what I had planned.  Since I'm too lazy to tie a bow (yes, I admit it), I cut a piece of real red scrap card stock to act as a border under the images, stamping it in memento ladybug ink, before pulling out a pre-made rose ribbon and adding it with glue dots. 

Since the card still seemed a bit plain, I then added some red gem stickers to the flower centers and then a vintage brad saying to the left hand side of the card to fill in all of the empty space there since I changed my card around a couple of times while assembling it.  Here's a close up of the details.

If you haven't tried any of the My Time Made Easy challenges, you really should since they're a lot of fun.  Thanks for stopping by, have a great day.


Stamps: My Time Made Easy Bold Botanicals
Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black, Memento Ladybug Red
Card Stock: Stampin Up! Real Red, Basic Black, White, Basic Grey Infuse Designer Paper
Accessories: Prismacolor Markers, Making Memories Baby Brads, Vintage Brad Sentiment, Silk Ribbon Rose Bow, Glue Dots

2 comments:

  1. Wow- you sure have been busy today, Bonnie! Love this card, too. Again, your coloring is fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What rich colors... Perfect card for any friend.. Love the friend charm and such pretty papers...Great take on the sketch and than you for playing along with us at MTME Pretty Patterns :)

    ReplyDelete