Sunday, March 27, 2011

Creativitea And A Sketch Challenge


Third post for today.  If you're looking for my Christmas Card Challenge or My Time Made Easy challenge, please scroll down.

I've finally gotten a chance to participate in the Taylored Expressions Sketch Challenge.  Since I had to stamp and assemble my card with a migraine, I chose soft colors to work with.  For the challenge, I pulled out my Creativitea stamp set, and then made myself a cup of tea to stamp with. I stamped the images in memento tuxedo black ink before coloring with prismacolor markers.  After coloring my images, I pulled out my Stampin Up! 1 1/4 circle punch, punched out the images, and then sponged regal rose ink around the edges. 

Since the sketch has a bow in it, and I'm horrible at making bows, I stamped an extra flower image  and layered it over stamped regal rose card stock to replace the bow/ribbon in the sketch.  I then decided to pull out my Stampin Up! small flower trio punch to create some small flowers out of scrap Basic Grey Euphoria designer paper then adding some glitter stickers to the centers.  For the final touch, I added some gold ice stickles to the centers of my stamped flower & teacups.

Thanks for stopping by.  Have a great day.



Stamps: Taylored Expressions Creativitea
Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black, Stampin Up! Regal Rose
Card Stock: White, Stampin Up! Regal Rose, Pretty In Pink, Pink Pirouette, Basic Grey Euphoria Designer Paper
Accessories: Prismacolor Markers, Dimensionals, 1 1/4 Circle Punch, Flower Trio Punch, Glue Dots, Sponge, Stampendous Bling Stickers, Gold Ice Stickles

1 comment:

  1. Beautiful card! You do such amazing coloring and sponging! I'll bet with the glitter and all of your lovely details this card is even more gorgeous in real life!

    ReplyDelete