Saturday, March 12, 2011

Country Girl


This is my take on last week's Musical Challenge to Barbara Mandrell's song "I was country when country wasn't cool".  I love that song especially since I grew up listening to it.  Once the challenge was announced, I had no problem picking out the stamp set I wanted to use.

After inking up my country girl & stamping her twice onto white card stock, I pulled out my prismacolor markers and got to coloring.  Once that was done, I cut out one of the images for popping up later on pop dots.  The remaining image I highlighted with a light gray marker then stippled Stampin Up! creamy caramel ink around the edges before layering. 

Pulling out some designer paper I picked up at Michael's a few years back, I added that to the main card and started layering everything.  I had a few Stampin Up! designer brads I received in a secret sister gift a while back and added those as well.  Since there were only three matching brads, I stamped the sentiment and popped it up where the fourth brad would have gone and added a couple of small primas.  I really like the way it turned out.

Thanks for stopping by today.  Have a great day.


Stamps: Rubber Romance
Card Stock: Designer Paper, White, Stampin Up! Riding Hood Red, Chocolate Chip
Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black, Stampin Up! Creamy Caramel
Accessories: Prismacolor Markers, Stampin Up! Brads, Making Memories Silver Brads, Stipple Brush, Pop Dots, Mini Pop Dots, Micro Pop Dots, Glue Dots, Primas, Ribbon

No comments:

Post a Comment