Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Christmas Candle - February Christmas Card Challenge 2011


Hello again.  Happy hump day!!  The short work week is already half over. :)

Today I'm sharing with you a card I made for this month's Christmas Card Challenge over at Splitcoaststampers.  I found this really simple and pretty digital image from Birds Cards.  After printing out my image onto white cardstock, I colored it with prismacolor markers, then stippled some Tim Holtz tea stain distress ink.  Once my image was layered, I added some gold brads, ice stickles, and red gem stickers for the holly berries. 

I thought it would be nice to have the candle framed by holly leaves, so I pulled out a Martha Stewart punch I've had for a year or so and never used (oops) and punched out some scrap Stampin Up! glorious green cardstock before stippling Tim Holtz pine needles distress ink over them and adding gold pearl stickers.  Here's a close up of the candle detail.

To separate everything, I die cut a strip of caramel cardstock using MFT's Jumbo Scallop Die-Namic, then stippled Tim Holtz tea stain ink over it as well.  For my background, I used a Tim Hotlz brick embossing folder with red brick distress ink stippled around the edges of the card.

Well, thanks for stopping by today.  I hope I've provided some inspiration for you to begin on your Christmas cards.  If so, why not join the challenge here.


Stamps: Birds Cards Digital Candle
Card Stock: Stampin Up! Ruby Red, Creamy Caramel, Glorious Green, White
Ink: Tim Holtz Tea Stain, Pine Needles, Fire Brick Distress Inks
Accessories: Prismacolor Markers, Ice Stickles, Stipple Brushes, Martha Stewart Holly Leaves Punch, Gold Brads, Gold Pearl Stickers, Glue Dots, Red Gem Sticklers, Ribbon Bow

1 comment:

  1. just beautiful Bonnie & so inspiring! what a great challenge!!

    ReplyDelete