Wednesday, December 1, 2010

A Winter Wonderland Scene



I started stamping this card for the December 8th MFT Wednesday Stamp Club Challenge - Creating A Winter Wonderland.   However, I never got it done in time thanks to another migraine.  Ugh!  Don't those things know they are interfering with work and stamp time?  Obviously not!

I started out by stamping my cabin twice on MFT white Perfect Panels in Memento Tuxedo black ink, then both colored with Prismacolor Markers.  I stamped the trees using Stampin Up! always artichoke and chocolate chip markers, then stippled Stampin Up! bashful blue ink around the images. 

Pulling out my Martha Stewart drip punch I found on clearance last year, I turned the Halloween drips into icicles and stippled brilliant blue ink over the strip before adding to the card.  Once that was done, I stippled Tim Holtz Walnut Stain ink around the edges to give a rustic feel before adding the main image layers.  After cutting out my second cabin, I used a Martha Stewart two way glue pen and some The Cat's Pajamas glitzy glitter to make the snow covered roof sparkle.  I also added some glitter to the tree branches to make them appear icy, and a couple of snow lines as well.  Here's a close up of the details. 

Finally, I tackled the inside and just decided to keep it simple by adding a sentiment from MFT's Inspired By Winter set and some punched snowflakes.



Stamps: MFT Inspired By Winter
Card Stock: MFT White Perfect Panels, Stampin Up! Brilliant Blue, Always Artichoke, Kraft, Bashful Blue, Creamy Caramel
Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black, Stampin Up! Bashful Blue, Tim Holtz Walnut Stain
Accessories: Prismacolor Markers, Dimensionals, Martha Stewart Drip Punch, Martha Stewart Snowflake Punch, Stipple Brush, Stampin Up! Markers, The Cats Pajamas Glitzy Glitter, Brilliant Blue Brads, Glue Dots

No comments:

Post a Comment