Friday, December 17, 2010

Vintage Santa Claus


Hi all.  If you're looking for my Wednesday Stamp Club post, please scroll down.  Thanks.

I recently found this wonderful web blog with some fantastic digital images called Digital Two 4 Tuesday.  I downloaded this vintage Santa onto white card stock and colored with Rose Art colored pencils.  After stippling some Tim Holtz old paper distress ink over the entire colored image to "age" it some more, I layered it on some Stampin Up! card stock and Costco designer paper from last year.  Just before adding the brushed copper brads, I over stamped a cracked background stamp from Rubber Stampede to add to the aging of the image.  After adding some vanilla and burgundy sheer ribbon, my card was finished.

Stamps: Digital Two 4 Tuesday Vintage Santa
Ink: Tim Holtz Old Paper Distress Ink
Card Stock: White, Stampin Up! Bravo Burgundy, Vanilla, Kraft, Costco Designer Paper
Accessories: Rose Art Colored Pencils, Brushed Copper Brads, Glue Dots, Ribbon

2 comments:

  1. Absolutely gorgeous Santa. Great job!
    Kris, Wadsworth, OH
    www.visionsinmyheart.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bonnie- your Christmas and Winter cards are all fantastic! (As usual!) I am always particularly drawn to your "Wintery" ones, and this awesome Santa is no exception. I love the image and you have colored it beautifully. The traditional, vintage feel to this is wonderful. Love it!!

    ReplyDelete