Tuesday, December 7, 2010

Merry Christmas From Maynard!


Hello, cat friends.  This is my first take on The Cat's Pajamas TCP Tuesday challenge.

A friend of mine just recently lost her 12 year old cat, and replaced it with a kitten named Maynard.  Or I should say Mayhem Maynard! :)  After having two adult cats for years, she and her husband forgot about what kittens love to get into.  Needless to say, there's no Christmas tree up this year thanks to Maynard climbing up the one they were starting to put up & decorate thereby hurting himself.  So down came the tree.  Since Maynard makes all of "his" friends laugh so much, I decided to pull out this TCP set called Deck The Hall and make them a Christmas card from my family and Maynard.  I mean, shoot, the saying alone is just too perfect for Maynard.


I wanted to go with some non-traditional colors since Maynard is a "non-traditional" type of cat.  So I pulled out some of my Stampin Up! card stock and my MFT Perfect Panels and got to work.  After stamping my images twice on MFT white Perfect Panels and coloring with Prismacolor Markers, I cut out one set of images for popping up.  Pulling out a cuttlebug ornament embossing folder, and running my card stock through my Big Shot, I got to work layering and stippling Stampin Up! summer sun ink.  After rummaging through my stash of ribbons, I finally found this Queen & Company poinsettia felt self sticking ribbon to create a border.  Keeper, my friends dog, is popped up over the tree and then popped up again.

Thanks for stopping by.  Have a great day.!


Stamps:  TCP Deck The Hall
Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black, Stampin Up! Summer Sun
Card stock: MFT Perfect Panels, Stampin Up! Summer Sun Scrap, Pacific Pointe, Glorious Green, Rose Red
Accessories: Prismacolor Markers, Dimensionals, Mini Pop Dots, Queen & Co Felt Ribbon, Stipple Brush, Making Memories Bright Baby Brads

3 comments:

  1. What a fun card, Bonnie! And its perfect for Maynard! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bonnie! this is darling and love the story of the kitten. great colors-so fun!

    ReplyDelete
  3. How very cute! And what a neat story! Love your card!

    ReplyDelete