Saturday, December 18, 2010

Holiday Cardinal Ornament



Happy Saturday everyone.  Who's ready for Christmas next week?  Not me that's for sure.  Today I have a holiday card using another digital image, however, this one is from The Stamping Boutique.  I love this Cardinal Ornament since it reminds me of a friend that used to hand paint cardinal Christmas cards every year.  Unfortunately, he passed away several years ago.

After downloading and printing my image, I colored it with Prismacolor markers before stippling Stampin Up! glorious green ink around the edges to give the feeling it hanging in a tree.  Once I got done layering, I decided it needed something across the middle, so I cut two MFT Jumbo Scallop Die-Namic strips and layered them over an embossed green panel using a Cuttlebug embossing ornament folder.

Once everything was done, my card still seemed a bit plain to me.  So, I pulled out my MFT Inspired By Winter set and stamped the fir tree around the edges of the card.  I also punched out some fir branches and a cardinal using my Martha Stewart punches and added them.  Once some bling and a small pre-made ribbon were added, the card was complete.  This card will be going out to family this year.

Here's a close up of the ornament image:

Thanks for stopping by today.  Have a great day.


Stamps: MFT Inspired By Winter, The Stamping Boutique Digital Cardinal Ornament
Ink: Stampin Up! Real Red, Glorious Green
Card Stock: White, Stampin Up! Real Red, Glorious Green, Michael's Pre-folded Red Cards
Accessories: Prismacolor Markers, Stipple Brush, Bling, Martha Stewart Punches, MFT Jumbo Scallop Die-Namic, Cuttlebug Ornament Embossing Folder, Big Shot, Ribbon Bow, Glue Dots, American Crafts Metallic Markers

No comments:

Post a Comment